There might be many reasons why you want to block your cell phone number from showing up on other people's caller IDs. Whatever the reason is, it's very simple to block your cell phone number. You have two options: you can permanently block your phone number or you can block your number on a call by call basis.There's no need for an expensive cell phone blocker or other cell phone blocking devices - this is an easy, affordable process.
If you're trying to figure out who's calling you from an unlisted cell phone, check out Reverse Phone Detective.
Blocking Your Cell Phone Number Permanently:
The most permanent solution is to request a "line block" from your cell phone carrier.
1. To do this you simply need to call the customer service for your specific provider and they can block your number. When you do this your number will never show up to anyone.
2. To call your wireless customer service to block your cell phone number, just dial 611 from your cell phone and you will reach them.
3. If there is a situation where you want your number to show up, you will still have an option. When you have a permanent block on your cell phone number you will need to dial *82 before dialing the number you are calling. When you do this your phone number will show up just once for that specific call. Ex: *82 (555) 555-5555.
Did you know that you or anybody else can look up unknown cell phone numbers online? Here are two top sites for looking up cell phone numbers:
* National Registry of Cellular Numbers (NRCN)
Sometimes you may want to block you number from caller id for a specific call. You might not want someone to know that you are trying to reach them for the 15th time in a row, or you might be calling a business and might not want them to know your number. Whatever the reason, it's easy to block cell phone numbers.
1. If you want to block your cell phone number on a call by call basis you need to dial *67 before dialing the number. Ex *67 (555) 555-5555.
2. When you do this you will not have any feedback that it worked. If you want to test this, just call your home phone, or anther phone that has a caller ID from your cell to confirm that blocking your phone number worked.
One important thing to remember is that your number will not be blocked from emergency services or any toll free number - cell phone blocking only works when you call businesses and individuals.
Another strategy you can use is caller id spoofing, which displays a different name and number than the one you're calling from. Be careful when signing up for a caller id spoofing service - some fake caller id services are illegal. There are many other caller id tricks; however, it's important to be cautious. Anything that shows the caller id a phone number that belongs to somebody else could be illegal.
Finally, if you want to have people call you while keeping your main phone number private, you can get a call forwarding service. The person calling you will dial a telephone number that will then connect to your phone - without them knowing your real number. There are many call forwarding services - a famous one is Google Voice.